Shockwave Therapy is a fast & effective non-invasive method of eliminating or reducing many painful conditions of the musculoskeletal system.
It uses an electro-magnetic generator to physically transmit high-energy acoustic waves and to spread them focused or radially (spherically) into the body through the skin. The body responds with increased metabolic activity around the area of the pain which stimulates and accelerates the healing process.
Shockwave Therapy has been shown to have a 80 to 90% success rate if all underlying issues are addressed as well. The effects of have been well supported in scientific literature on:
- Tendons: Regeneration of tendon structure and improves movement of tendon gliding through stimulating lubricin.
- Bones: Stimulation of bone production through activation of bone forming cells (osteoblasts).
- Muscles: Improvement in blood flow to increase healing cells, mechanical muscle relaxation and removal of muscle waste products which accumulate after physical activity (lactic acid, substance P).
- Cartilage: Decrease cartilage degradation and reduce the progression of osteoarthritis.
Buderim Foot and Ankle offer EMS Dolorclast Radial Shockwave therapy.
Shockwave Therapy uses acoustic sound waves together with the body’s own ability to repair tissue by stimulating circulation in all layers of the skin, including blood vessels, connective tissue and muscles.
- Can be treated on both sides at the same time
- Non invasive
- Non addictive
- Fast, safe and effective
- Decreased pain and increased function
- No incision; no risk for infection at the treatment site, no scarring
- Future treatment options are not limited
Some of the conditions treated include:
- Plantar Fascitis
- Heel Spur
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Shin Splints
- Patella Tendinitis
- Scar tissue
- Stress fractures & bone healing
- Many more
What to expect
Patients report a moderate to high immediate improvement in symptoms surrounding the area treated. Minor soft tissue discomfort may be experienced within the following 48 hours of your first shockwave treatment – similar to a deep muscle massage or post-exercise muscle soreness. This is a positive response with a clear initiation of soft tissue healing occurring.
How many sessions will I need?
We generally recommend four to six sessions over the course of three to four weeks for greatest therapeutic effects, although your podiatrist will make a recommendation based on your own needs.
For optimum results, Buderim Foot and Ankle uses shockwave therapy alongside other treatments and services.
With a second degree in human movement studies, keeping you moving well is our priority. We provide general foot care services. We also offer more specialist services in bio mechanical assessment and orthortic prescription.
Shop 9, 61 Burnett Street
Buderim, Queensland 4556
(07) 5338 7387